AMAZING BENEFITS OF GLUTAMINE!!
Find out everything you need to know about glutamine and how it can help you!
Over 61% of skeletal muscle is Glutamine. It consists of 19% nitrogen, which makes it the primary transporter of nitrogen into your muscle cells.
Throughout intense training, Glutamine levels are greatly used up in your body, which decreases strength, stamina and healing. It could take up to 6 days for Glutamine levels to go back to normal - and Glutamine plays a vital role in protein synthesis.
L-GLUTAMINE POWDER USES:
Glutamine plays key roles in protein metabolism, cell volumizing, and anti-catabolism. Glutamine also increases your ability to secrete Growth hormone, which helps metabolize body fat and support new muscle growth. Glutamine's anti-catabolism ability prevents the breakdown of your muscles.
This is especially useful for people 'cutting down'. Especially during summer when you're trying to get rid of some body fat without losing any muscle. Glutamine is needed throughout your body for optimal performance. Your small intestines requires the most Glutamine in your body, and your immune system also needs Glutamine because Glutamine levels deplete during workouts, bodybuilders are more susceptible to health issues - that is why L-Glutamine supplementation is so important, maybe not to gain more muscle mass, but for the 'maintenance' effects of L-Glutamine.
"GLUTAMINE IS ESPECIALLY USEFUL DURING SUMMER WHEN YOU'RE TRYING TO GET RID OF SOME BODY FAT WITHOUT LOSING ANY MUSCLE."
L-Glutamine supplementation promotes a positive nitrogen balance and prevents the loss of muscle. Recent studies have shown that taking just 2 grams of L-Glutamine can increase growth hormone levels by 400%.
HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU TAKE IN?
Bodybuilders should take 10-15 grams of L-Glutamine a day - supplementing it 2-3 times daily, with each serving at around 5 grams. You should also know that you may already be getting some L-Glutamine in your diet from other supplements you're taking. Many protein supplements already have some L-Glutamine mixed into it. Best times to take L-Glutamine powder is in the morning, after a workout, and at night before bed time.
SIDE EFFECTS WITH L-GLUTAMINE SUPPLEMENTATION!
You shouldn't worry about Glutamine side effects, as studies have found it to have no adverse side effects, and also because Glutamine naturally occurs in your body, it has no health risks. However, like all supplements, too much is never a good idea. Taking excessive quantities of L-Glutamine has led to disturb stomachs, so you should stick to the suggested doses.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF L-GLUTAMINE?
- Glutamine helps restore glycogen which regulates energy levels. It is the most essential component of muscle protein, helping repair and build muscle.
- Glutamine has been associated to protein synthesis. It stops your muscles from being catabolized (eaten up) in order to provide Glutamine for other cells in the body.
- Glutamine holds cell volume and hydration, aiding wound and reduce healing and recovery.
- Glutamine benefits you by restoring declining Glutamine levels during extreme workouts.
- Research has shown Glutamine can help you produce hgh levels. A study has shown 2 gms of L-Glutamine increased growth hormones by over 400%.
- Glutamine may serve to boost your resistance.
- Glutamine is one of the most important nutrients for your intestines. It has the ability to 'repair a leaky gut' by maintaining the structural integrity of the bowels.
SHOULD I TAKE L-GLUTAMINE?
Even though L-Glutamine is a very important part of a bodybuilders' supplementation, L-Glutamine isn't only for bodybuilders. Glutamine is vital for maintaining intestinal function and aiding in the immune response also.
Individuals with muscle-wasting and immune-system related illnesses (such as cancer or AIDS) who may be incapable of manufacturing their own supply of glutamine may benefit from glutamine supplements taken along with other amino acids. Becoming sick or the loss of lean body mass are potential indicators of glutamine deficiency.